Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Back at it

So it's been a long time since I have posted but this year I decided to put my daughter in Public School. As an only child I thought it would be good to have some more socialization & her reading needed more help than it appeared I could give her. Now that we are in the last two weeks of school I will say I don't regret putting her in school. As far as the two things I have mentioned she has exceeded in, especially her reading. She is in the top reading group in her class. But through the year I could see that besides those two areas everything else seemed to be lacking, she complained all year that they were still reviewing Kindergarten, because we had covered everything last year. When your child is craving to learn more & it isn't happening it gets frustrating.

About a month ago I decided for Second Grade we were going back to Home School. In Kindergarten I assembled all the work together & it was really hard for me so I decided this year to try the K12 program. After some research I really liked that they tested your child in Fall & Spring to make sure the work they are doing is tailored to them & not just a generic Grade pack of work, this was exactly what I was looking for!

As of right now, we are awaiting our official approval that we've been accepted but if we do not get accepted I am still determined to home school because I know know it is the best decision for my child & my situation.

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment