Friday, November 2, 2012

Ch-Ch-Changes

I feel like when you start home schooling, it's a lot like when you bring your baby home from the hospital. It's new & beautiful & lovely, you are learning & growing with your child, then it happens. Something (enter your personal experience here) happens that makes you step back & say, 'I didn't expect this, what do I do now?' It's like you finally 'know' what you're doing & where you are going & BAM, no, that isn't going to work now. Well, with children they just keep on growing up so guess what, we have to keep changing what we're doing. This is exactly the same with schooling.

We started Kindergarten the end of August, and now at the beginning of November we have had to switch out different things. I was getting a little frustrated, thinking it was my planning that was off. Then today I read on my favorite homeschool website, The Secular Homeschool, they have a poll on who has made changes on their curriculum this year. Guess what? Right now only 4 people haven't made changes. Whew! What a relief! It's nice to know you are not alone in the world because sometimes when you are a stay at home mom you feel like no one else feels your frustrations. They do!

I have to tell you about a book I just finished reading, I Was A Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids by Tricia Ashworth & Amy Nobile. These 2 moms interviewed a ton of mothers, in every different life situation and made this book. This book made me laugh, gasp and tear up. Most of all this book is a great read because you realize you are not alone on those hard days, in fact I guarantee when you read this you'll realize one of these moms have had a worse day than you!

Change is good! Just remember, "Will you succeed? Yes you will indeed! Ninety-eight and three quarters guaranteed!" ~ Dr. Suess

No comments:

Post a Comment