Thursday, November 29, 2012

Break Down, Slow Down

So about a month ago I felt very much on the verge of a break down. I just felt that I was a wife, mom, teacher & that was all, no me anymore! I love being all three of those things, but as my husband asked me what I liked to do when I had time for myself, I simply didn't have an answer. As I really thought about this I realized that I have never really had a hobby. I did used to DJ parties when I was in IL, but gave it up when I moved here. I really needed a hobby that I could do at home, between teaching, whether it was for a few minutes or a few hours. I decided to try crocheting. So 2 weeks ago I signed up for a class at Hobby Lobby. I have tried to crochet on my own before, buying a starter kit and all, but needed some guidance. I loved it! The 1 & 1/2 hour class just flew buy & since then I've made 3 scarves!

The real test was last week, Thanksgiving week. My husband had the entire week off work. Usually when he is off work it is him sleeping and reading all time and me being annoyed he's not 'doing' anything. I have to say this vacation week, however, was wonderfully peaceful! Since I have been crocheting it gives me something to do. I love how calm it makes me feel and I can take it anywhere! I feel like I've been more patient in general with my family because of it, which makes me happy!

What hobby do you enjoy? If you don't have one, get one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment